- social media or official CKGSB content on other websites
It also relates to us using any personal information that you provide by phone, email, in letters and other correspondence, and in person.
- what information we may collect about you
- how we will use information we collect about you
- how long we hold information about you
- the legal basis for processing your information
- when we may use your details to contact you
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else
- your rights regarding the personal information you provide to us
What type of information we have
We may receive your personal information when you: participate in, access or sign up to any of our programs, events or online content – such as newsletters, events, and webinars – phone or email us, reserve a place at an event, apply for one of our programs or create an account on our website.
We may collect the following information:
- name, nationality, date of birth
- contact details including postal address, email and phone
- your communication preference
- employment information, including name of business, industry, job title, level of seniority and number of years of postgraduate work experience
- prior education, including university attended, subject studied and year of graduation
- test scores, including GMAT and GRE (if you’re interested in our degree programmes)
When providing personalised services, we may ask your permission to review third-party data about you, such as your Twitter or Facebook feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation.
What we do with the information
By accessing our websites you understand that your personal information may be collected, stored, used and shared by us for any of the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about our programs including course details; application tips; funding advice; faculty and participant profiles; and other information that may be relevant to your interests.
- To send you our latest research and thought leadership content; provide you with invitations to relevant events and reminders or joining details for those events to which you register.
- To identify and prevent fraud.
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems.
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers.
- To better understand how people interact with our websites.
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
- For the direct marketing of CKGSB products and services.
We may ask for consent to send you marketing communications about our products and services. You’ll be able to opt out of these communications at any point by selecting the ‘opt out’ option at the bottom of each email we send you.
Whenever processing data for these purposes, we’ll ensure we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of them. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish.
We may share this information with our overseas offices, global programs and alumni association.
How we store your information
CKGSB takes the necessary steps to ensure that the information collected under this Privacy Notice is processed according to the provisions of this Privacy Notice and the requirements of applicable laws. Your personal information is stored primarily in China. For limited program delivery purposes your personal data may be stored outside China, in which case CKGSB shall make every effort to ensure that such information is processed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and CKGSB policies.
How long will CKGSB retain your personal data
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with CKGSB.
If you’ve indicated an interest in taking one of our programmes, we’ll retain your data for a period of two years (?) from the point that you last engage with us.
Your data protection rights
Under the data protection law, you’re rights include:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business Oriental Plaza, Tower E3, 3F One East Chang An Avenue Beijing 100738 China
Tel: +86-10-8518 8858 Fax: +86-10-8518 6800, or email: email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Our contact details
Please address requests and questions related to this policy to the Data Protection Officer, Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business Oriental Plaza, Tower E3, 3F One East Chang An Avenue Beijing 100738 China
Tel: +86-10-8518 8858 Fax: +86-10-8518 6800, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org